Credit Card Authorization Form
Client acknowledges that this agreement will remain in force until such time as canceled by Client in writing to L & B Travel, LLC. Client also acknowledges that if any of the cards listed above are canceled or an authorization for the charge is declined, Client will pay any amounts outstanding for the services provided by L & B Travel, LLC.
1. MINIMUM SERVICE FEE – Client agrees to pay a nonrefundable service fee for engaging L & B Travel, LLC, which fee is payable upon signing this authorization. This service fee is owed regardless of whether client actually books any travel reservation or even if Client cancels a reservation. There are 4 levels of service fees:
a) for services involving a simple roundtrip airline ticket from destination A to destination B, the service fee is $50 per person;
b) for air-only services more than a simple roundtrip ticket from destination A to destination B, the service fee is $75 per person;
c) for services that combine any combination of air, hotel, rail, car, or tour services, the service fee is $125-$150 per person depending on the complexity of trip; and
d) for services that include mileage redemption services in conjunction with travel arrangements for air, hotel, rail, car, or tour services, the service fee is $175 per person.
2. AGENCY – Your attention is drawn to the fact that L & B Travel, LLC, is a travel agency and as such acts only as an agent and never as a principal. It acts as an agent for its suppliers, including, but not limited to, all airlines, tour operators, other transporters, providers of accommodation and/or other services, insurers, and dealers in foreign currency. All business which it transacts is on behalf of its principals and accordingly any claim which any customer may have arising out of any business transacted by or through L & B Travel, LLC, will lie against the principal and not against L & B Travel, LLC. Seat assignments on plane can be requested, but never guaranteed. Passenger can log-in onto respective airline website to check or modify seat assignments. It is ultimately the responsibility of the passenger to check most current flight schedules prior to departure. Often, airlines can make unexpected schedule changes or cancellations that are not always reflected in the travel agent reservations system and agent is not notified of these changes. If you are having trouble confirming a flight time, please ask your travel agent for assistance.
3. TRAVEL INSURANCE – We strongly recommend travel insurance for all travelers, particularly considering the majority of airlines and tour operators have extremely high cancellation/date change penalties. Travel insurance should be purchased at time of deposit or payment for travel arrangements. We believe high medical insurance coverage is essential for all travel. We do not feel credit card travel insurance is adequate coverage, especially with regard to comprehensive medical coverage and cancellation coverage. Please check with us for further details, but note that we are not insurance experts and accordingly do not make any warranty concerning the adequacy or extent of any coverage under any policy which we sell. Customers are advised to read and become acquainted with the policy documents, and any queries should be directed to the insurer for clarification. Specimen copies of all policies sold by us are available from our consultants for consideration by the customer prior to a decision being made to acquire the policy. 4. PASSPORTS – You must arrange your own passport. Please ensure that it is valid for at least six months beyond the end of your traveling period. L & B Travel, LLC, bears no responsibility for incorrect passport or immigration documentation. 5. VISAS – Visas are required for entry into many countries, and it is the responsibility of the customer to check with the consulate of each country to be visited in order to establish its visa requirements.
6. HEALTH – See your local doctor for recommended medical and vaccination advice.
7. CANCELLATIONS – Any change to a reservation (date change, rerouting, etc.) constitutes a cancellation. Please be advised that cancellations incur charges. To change a single component of your reservation after trip has been booked and confirmed a $50 per person service fee will apply. To cancel an itinerary entirely, a $150 per person service fee will apply. Client acknowledges that fees imposed by the airline, hotel, rail, car, or tour operator due to a cancellation can be up to 100% of the total trip cost purchased. These fees are in addition to the Minimum Service Fee described in paragraph 1. Please note that airline/wholesaler refunds can take up to twelve (12) weeks.
8. INCREASES – Please note that all airfares and tour operator rates are subject to change without notice until payment has been made in full. L & B Travel, LLC, therefore cannot warrant that prices will not change and any increase must be borne and paid for upon demand either by L & B Travel, LLC, the airline, the tour operator or the supplier of the service.
9. PASSENGER AND CREDIT CARD AMENDMENTS – In the best interests of the client, it is crucial to inform L & B Travel, LLC, immediately of any changes to the passenger list and to review the list on a regular basis. Please provide L & B Travel, LLC with current and valid credit card information once credit card on file has expired or is no longer a valid card. This form will also be kept on file to serve as credit card authorization for all other travel arrangements made with L & B Travel, LLC.
10. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY – The attached Important Notice to Client/Disclaimer of Liability is made a part of this Credit Card Authorization Form. Client has read and understood the above conditions and will maintain the traveler list on file with L &B Travel, LLC. Client confirms that client is an authorized signatory for the credit cards above listed.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CLIENT
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
L & B Travel, LLC (the “Company”), is not itself a tour operator, carrier or hotelier, nor do we own aircraft, hotels, or coaches. We exercise every care in the selection of reputable service providers, which term includes but is not limited to tour operators, airlines, coach operators, hotels, cruise-line operators and shipping, rail, car hire and restaurant operators (“Service Providers”), which we recommend or which are used in tours which we sell. All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these Service Providers, some of which limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay, and loss or damage to baggage.
We always do our best to make sure your travel arrangements are satisfactory. But we cannot accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, for the acts, omissions, or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of the Service Providers, over which we have no control.
We do not accept any liability in contract, or otherwise, for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense, or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance against these risks.
It is your personal responsibility to ensure that you have valid documentation, including but not limited to a valid passport and required visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at all destinations. Any fines, penalties, payments, or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of such authorities will be your sole responsibility.
It should be noted that all documents issued to travelers are non-transferable. Such documents may include, but are not limited to, airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers, or any other document used to confirm an arrangement with a Service Provider.
Such documents may also be subject to conditions such as, but not limited to, being non-refundable, non-date-changeable, and subject to cancellation or amendment fees. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these conditions.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS
In entering into this transaction, you acknowledge that:
- The Company acts as a travel agent only;
- The Company’s obligation to you is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and Service Providers;
- Once the Company has made your travel arrangements for you, it has provided you fully with the service which it is obliged to supply;
- All moneys received by the Company from you in respect of travel services are received by the Company as agent of the Service Provider;
- If for any reason any Service Provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that Service Provider and not against the Company; and
- In the event that Payment has been made to the Company by credit card, you agree that you will not seek to chargeback or recover your payment or any other losses from the Company.
The Company respects the privacy of its customers. The personal information the Company collects is used for the purpose of meeting your travel requirements. The personal information the Company collects may include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card details (where you provide them), and any further information you volunteer to us.
Where necessary to fulfill your requested travel requirements, we will provide personal information you provide to us, to airlines, tour companies, care hire agencies, hotels, restaurants, insurance providers, and commercial partners. Please be assured we will not disclose any personal information for any other purpose without your consent, except where the use of disclosure is required or authorized by or under law.
The Company takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information it holds under law. The Company takes reasonable steps to protect any personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. The consequence of your not providing any information requested by the Company is that the Company may not be able to complete your travel arrangements, nor will it be able to contact you to advise of changes to your travel details.
On request you are welcome to view the personal information that we hold about you. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us, and, following authentication, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that is corrected.